Wood Turning 2 PEPPER MILL Oct 26-27
Date and Time: Oct 26-27, 8:30 to 4:30
Continental Breakfast and Lunch Provided
Course outline: Wood Turning 2
Learn to build your own beautiful, Crushgrind pepper mill
You will be guided step by step through the process to build a crush grind pepper/salt mill in the style and wood of your choice.
- Shop safety: Review on how to protect your lungs, eyes, ears and fingers.
- Discussion on wood Turning, its origins, it’s evolution and its increasing popularity.
- The Lathe, discussion on types, models with focus on home shop requirements.
- Chucks and other holding devices,
- Chisels and gouges. How to use and sharpen.
- Demonstration on the different cuts we use.
- Class Turning. We will set up 7 lathes with one students per lathe to practice the basic cuts
- Discussion on pepper mills. mechanism, sizes materials
- Student will select size shape and wood species
- Students will prepare an outline drawing to use as a guide.
- Using the prepared 3 x 3 x 12 blanks, we turn a cylinder.
- We will then explain the step by step process to build your mill.
- Day 2
- Mill turning,
- installing grind mechanism and finish
- Shop clean up.
- Group photo